A Shipwright is a carpenter who works specifically on ships. They are responsible for the building and the repair of the ship. Most pirates need them for repair and general maintenance of their ships. Other ships often have them as well.
Even Shipwrights have shipbuilding tools that can be used as a weapons.
Roles and DutiesEdit
A shipwright is a person who is responsible for the design, construction, and/or repair of ships, boats, and other marine vessels including:
- Merchant ships: cargo ships, container ships
- Passenger/vehicle ships: ferries, cruise ships
- Warships: frigates, battleships, caravels
- Submarines and underwater vehicles
- Work-boats: fishing boat
- Yachts and other recreational craft (wavers)
A shipwright must be able to maintain their marine vessel, but even the most experienced shipwrights cannot fix a ship that's beyond repair, as seen with the Going Merry.
Similar to how a ship's Doctor is responsible for the health of its crew, the Shipwright is responsible for the well-being and seaworthiness of the ship itself.